Maycomb Capital is a pioneering impact investing platform. We provide financing to fund strategies and enterprises that transform communities. At Maycomb, we drive capital toward effective solutions for underserved communities, using data and rigorous analysis to guide our decisions. We identify scalable and sustainable paths to positive change, tackling entrenched social and economic challenges. By harnessing the scale, expertise, and risk tolerance of the private sector in service of the public good, we’re demonstrating what’s possible with mission-focused, flexible capital.
Maycomb’s investors include some of the nation’s leading, mission-aligned family offices, corporations, and foundations. We are home to a variety of impact debt vehicles, including our flagship debt fund, The Community Outcomes Fund, and our custom strategies. The Analyst may work across these vehicles.
About the Community Outcomes Fund
At the core of our work is a commitment to expanding access to economic opportunity for low-income families and individuals. Despite significant public spending, large swaths of individuals and families find themselves in a cycle of poverty and lack access to quality education, jobs, or other opportunities to thrive. Policy decisions are often disconnected from the evidence of what works and too often, government dollars are not aligned with the intended outcomes.
By building public-private partnerships that align government spending with outcomes in communities, the Community Outcomes Fund brings accountability and transparency to human services and expands access to economic opportunity for those who have historically been left behind. What does this look like in practice? It’s providing financing to service organizations and social enterprises so that they can offer early education that prepares children for kindergarten, help infants and families achieve better health outcomes, facilitate access to public benefits, and train more people for well-paying, in-demand careers.
The Analyst will be primarily responsible for supporting all aspects of project development and investment processes.
▪ Engage potential partners in project development and support team to advance projects including impact projections, implementation and staffing plans, project cost analysis, and feasibility, among others.
▪ Conduct background research on potential partners, human service programs, public funding opportunities, among others.
▪ Participate in site visits and conferences for business development and initial review of investment opportunities.
Investment Review and Analysis
▪ Analyze quantitative and qualitative information on historical performance, evaluations and other research on impact, financials of service providers, and project implementation and approach.
▪ Assess qualitative information about human service providers including service delivery operations, management functions, business model, and capacity to scale.
▪ Build financial models to understand project cash flows and conduct sensitivity analysis.
▪ Support preparation of investment memoranda, synthesizing the business and impact case and the potential risks and mitigants of a project.
▪ Support the negotiation of loan terms and development of legal documents.
▪ Monitor the impact and financial performance of investments, coordinate investment reporting, participate in site visits, and support other aspects of asset management.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following:
▪ Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, public policy, urban planning, or related discipline
▪ 1-3 years professional experience with a focus on quantitative analysis and/or project management
▪ Skilled in Excel and financial or other analytic modeling
▪ Highly organized and detail-oriented, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and senior colleagues simultaneously
▪ PowerPoint slide creation and communications skills, including professional writing
▪ Passion to improve social and economic mobility for children and families in the US
▪ Positive attitude and empathetic disposition; drive to do work in service of others
▪ Commitment to a collegial workplace and the flexibility and drive to thrive in an evolving start-up environment
The Analyst will work full-time, in-person at our office in Brooklyn with the New York-based Maycomb Capital team.
Salary and Benefits
▪ The base salary for the Analyst is $68,000-$85,000 plus eligibility for an annual bonus. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
▪ Competitive benefits, including high-quality health care, access to retirement, health, and commuter savings accounts, paid vacation, paid sick leave, etc.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Analyst – [Your Name].”
Our firm actively seeks out candidates who bring with them a commitment to racial equity and a diverse set of lived experiences.